To become the most effective life changing ministry in Tucson that serves the homeless and needy by providing for their spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental wholeness through the power of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose to Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
312 W 28th Street
Tucson, AZ 85713
Qualifications: Minimum high school diploma or GED; Good interpersonal skills; Organized; Able to follow instructions; Evangelical Christian
Employment Status: On-Call/Temporary/Seasonal hourly non-exempt; No set amount of weekly hours
Salary Range: $9.00 – $11.00 hr
Responsibilities & Duties
Client Services (95%)
- Pray with, advise and direct the efforts of students and guests relating to spiritual, personal and program needs
- Participate in the process of developing Christian disciples
- Lead clients into Grace Based accountability process
- Establish and build healthy Christ honoring relationships with clients
- Maintain a safe, secure and clean shelter environmen
- Depending of Shift Covering for, you may or may not be expected to fulfill the following duties:
- Respond to any emergency needs (client or facility) – medial, emotional, physical
- Defuse serious or dangerous conflicts between clients
- Cover front desk duties (answer phones, meet with walk-in clients, etc)
- Assist the Shelter Supervisor in keeping an accurate and comprehensive case-management file on each Shelter guest and daily client census reports.
- Supervise the operation of the emergency shelter program including but not limited to: maintaining appropriate records (clients and reports); manage shelter inventory (materials, equipment and supplies); oversee guest check-in procedures; overseeing the evening meal time and late meals; communicating with staff and guest.
- Work as pastor, counseling and clean shelter environment
- Serve as the person in-charge overnight
- Wake guests and students up as needed
- Execute evening room checks / Conduct client wake-up calls, security checks of all facilities, properties and equipment.
- Wake morning cooks and oversee breakfast procedure
- Report significant or important client or facility information to morning staff and/or write incident or significant information in the daily log.
- Housekeeping duties as needed or assigned
- Complete reports and documentation as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Submitting Resumes and Applications
Resumes and completed applications may be forwarded to:
Human Resources & Administrative Manager
Gospel Rescue Mission
707 W Miracle Mile
Tucson, AZ 85705
(520) 740-1501 x7003
Fax: (520) 622-8585
Print GRM Employment Application