The Extended Shelter Program provides beds each evening for men needing to get their lives in order and get back up on their feet.
Extension guests receive the same services offered to the 4 day shelter guests, plus;
- Discipleship training
- Life skills classes.
Canidates are accepted on the basis of bed-availabilty, without regard to age, education, ethnicity or religion. The single exception being that we can not take Level II or III sex offenders.
Guidelines for extentions:
Men may stay up to 90 consecutive nights for the following reasons:
- Medical - Allows men the time to heal physically from sickness, injuries or operations.
- Work - Allows men with jobs to save enough money to move from homelessness into affordable housing.
- Parole - Allows men to transition from prison into employment and housing while on probation.
- Agency - Allows men who are receiving case management, medical attention, and counseling from various community social service agencies to have a place to stay while waiting for other housing opportunities to open.
- Case Management - Allows men with critical needs to receive extensive assistance or counseling in order to resolve problems and issues in their lives.
- Work Readiness - A 2 week stay to help at the Mission with chores and labor then receive 2 week stay to search for employment.