Require experience in communications and public speaking, 1-year experience as an event facilitator. Prefer experience in marketing, non-profit fundraising, and outreach activities. Proficient in written communication, presentation, and networking skills. Proficient vendor managing skills. Proficient in communication, organization, time management, multitasking, customer and personal service. Proficient in Microsoft Office and cloud-based applications. Good driving record and able to drive up to 12 passenger van while towing a large trailer. Bilingual/Spanish strongly preferred. Awareness of social services and church communities a plus. Able to work weekends as needed. Must be an evangelical Christian who lives a life dedicated to Christ so you can be an instrument of God’s hope, love, and forgiveness to the guests we serve.
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) this individual will be sitting, lifting, standing, walking, and driving throughout the facilities and community. Heavy lifting required. This individual will be expected to clean and maintain cleanliness in all areas of responsibility. This individual will come in contact with individuals who are ill and/or contagious and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of self and all.
The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Full-time 40 hours per week, non-exempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off. *Anticipate Flexible Schedules
Full-time 40 hours per week; non-exempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off
Development Manager (DM)
Responsibilities and Duties
The Outreach and Event Facilitator is responsible for facilitating GRM’s community outreach and events to benefit the community and increase public awareness of Gospel Rescue Mission. This individual is expected to manage projects with efficiency and achieve focused results, and to support partner needs.
OUTREACH and EVENTS
- Build and nurture new and current relationships with collaborative partners and potential donors.
- Maintain a calendar of outreach and event activities, including community meetings, workshops, speaking engagements, etc.
- Oversee and lead GRM’s outreach and events such as, but not limited to, Mobile Kitchen, Mobile Clothing Closet, Banquets, HopeFest, neighborhood outreach events, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with partner churches
- Represent GRM at community outreach events
- Execute procedures outlined and as assigned by the DM
- Lead volunteers, staff and/or recovery/shelter guests as they assist with outreaches or events
- As directed by the Development Manager, speak at events on behalf of GRM
- Schedule and coordinate the use of the Mobile Kitchen trailer and Mobile Clothing Closet trailer. Safely move, operate, and maintain cleanliness of Mobile Kitchen and Mobile Clothing Closet
- Maintain a Health Department Certification for food service from Mobile Kitchen
- Maintain outreach budget and ensure accurate reporting of all outreach expenditures
- Prepare outreach and event presentations, provide training for activities and events as needed, and supervise outreach volunteers
- Efficiently and clearly communicate in a timely fashion via phone, e-mails, thank-you notes, etc.
- Maintain and improve relationships with GRM vendors
- Communicate regularly with the Development Manager to include all activities, schedules, goals, and needs.
- In collaboration with the Development Manager, create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the the various types of outreach events (Mobile Kitchen, Mobile Clothing Closet, resource tabling events, GRM Displays, etc.) and how best to collaborate with the Tucson community to benefit the Mission.
- Record and report successes of GRM outreach and event outcomes
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Attend staff meetings as directed
- Other duties as assigned by the DM
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose to Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on grace, truth, and love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Mission, Vision, Faith Statement, and values of Gospel Rescue Mission.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.