Required: high school diploma or GED. Two years of experience, a plus, in food industry, public food safety, health department regulations and certifications. Must be an evangelical Christian who lives a life dedicated to Christ so you can be an instrument of God’s hope, love and forgiveness to the guests we serve.
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) this individual will be bending, climbing, reaching, stooping, lifting, standing for long periods of time, pushing, carrying and moving quickly throughout the kitchen facilities or dining room. Must be able to lift 5 – 50 pounds solo.
The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Part-time 25 hours per week; non-exempt; eligible for paid time off; eligible for dental, vision and Simple IRA 3% matching. Anticipate flexibility, weekends and holidays.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Dishwasher is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and sanitization of dishes, tableware, glassware, pots, pans, and utensils through manual and machine cleaning methods. Additionally, dishwashers are expected to keep the dishwashing area clean and safe.
- Scrape, rinse, and load dishes and utensils into dish machine
- Wash and sanitize all pans, utensils, and dishes
- Clean, sanitize, and maintain dish machine
- Unload dishes and utensils from dish machine and organize them properly
- Empty trash containers regularly
- Maintain a clean work area and kitchen by sweeping and mopping as needed
- Perform additional cleaning duties as requested
- Clean food prep stations and equipment
- Put away clean dishes in proper storage areas such as in cabinets or racks
- Unload dirty dishes brought in by bussers
- Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety and procedures
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Attend staff devotions, community meetings and staff meetings as directed supervisor
- All other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.