Qualifications: Required: minimum high school diploma or GED. Maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record. 3-plus years of experience driving box truck or equivalent. Ability to adhere to assigned routes, scheduled, safety procedures and driving laws. Proficient communication, interpersonal, organizational and social awareness skills. Able to pass the DOT assessment. Ability to use a phone, computer, printer, copier, and other standard office machinery. Frequent use of Microsoft Office products and web-based software. Certified forklift operator a plus. Bilingual/Spanish a plus. Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for GRM. Must be an evangelical Christian who lives a life dedicated to Christ so you can be an instrument of God’s hope, love and forgiveness to the guests we serve.
Physical Demands: The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue. Driving can be physically demanding. Maintain a professional appearance. Good attitude and customer service skills. Ability to prioritize as situations arise to stay within scheduled tasks. Ability to maintain heavy physical activity during the shift. Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, sit and walk frequently. Ability to work in in-door/out-door climate. Clean and maintain equipment, vehicles, and wherever is needed. Must be physically fit and have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. This individual will come in contact with different kinds of traffic and must take precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and occupants of the vehicle.
Mental Demands: The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Employment Status: Full-time 40 hours per week non-exempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off.
*Anticipate Flexible Schedules
Responsibilities & Duties
Our Donation Center Specialist are our “First Impressions” employees and are in positions of initial or sustained contact with all GRM donors, partners, guests and volunteers and must provide excellent customer service at all times, by treating all individuals with dignity and respect and handling difficult situations in accordance with GRM policies and procedures in order to maintain an efficient and effective facility.
Driving and Donation Center Services
- Receive daily schedule of vendor and donation pick-ups from Donation Center Manager and then pick-up and unload items
- Interact with donors, churches, and agencies in ways to reflect our program and Christian values in a positive light
- Receipt donors and turn in receipts or other reports and paperwork in an accurate and timely fashion
- Drive and load box truck according to planned routes/stops in an efficient manner
- Use technologies (cell phone, email, computer, GPS & maps) effectively
- Lift/move/sort furniture, food, clothing, etc.
- Organize and sort donations on the truck and in Donations Center
- Deliver donations to other agencies, churches, other GRM centers, or guest(s) as needed
- Move/count/manage Donations Center inventory
- Work with volunteers and helpers in loading/moving/storing products
- Utilize good public relations with volunteers, donors, public, staff, outside persons
- Complete accurate paperwork, receipting, counts and logs
- Maintain and clean trucks and Donations Center
- Utilize effective time management skills
- Lead others by being a good example
- Utilize good decision making skills
- Provide reports as directed
- Oversee and train shelter/recovery guest(s) and/or volunteers on truck duties
- Report all vehicle issues and concerns to Donation Center Manager and be available for necessary response, i.e. take to automotive shop, etc.
- Provide routine maintenance and assure cleaning of all GRM vehicles as deemed necessary
- Receive and make donor and vendor phone calls as necessary
- Assist with the pickup and delivery inner-center mail to appropriate locations as needed
- Maintain GRM Donation cell phone in good working order
- Go on runs to the Dump as deemed necessary or scheduled
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Attend staff meetings or other meetings as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests.
- Teaching and mentoring guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.