Required: Minimum high school diploma or GED; valid driver’s license and clean driving record; minimum 3 years of experience driving box truck or equivalent, minimum 3 years of experience in customer and personal services. Must be able to lift 50 pounds solo; Establish and maintain proficient communication, interpersonal, organizational and social awareness skills. Certified forklift operator a plus. Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, scheduled, safety procedures and driving laws. Must be able to pass the DOT assessment. Bilingual/Spanish a plus. Must be an evangelical Christian who lives a life dedicated to Christ so you can be an instrument of God’s hope, love and forgiveness to the guests we serve.
Ability to frequently lift, carry, push/pull, stand/sit/walk, handle and lift. (The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) driving can be physically demanding. This individual will be lifting, carrying and delivering donations, furniture and equipment, and will spend most of their time sitting in the truck. This individual will be expected to clean and maintain equipment, truck/vehicles, and wherever is needed. This individual will come in contact with different kinds of traffic and must take precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and occupants of the vehicle.
The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Full-time 40 hours per week; non-exempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off. Annticipate Flexible Schedules.
Responsibilities & Duties
Our Donation Center Specialist are our frontline employees and are in positions of initial or sustained contact with all GRM donors, partners, guests and volunteers and must provide excellent customer service at all times, by treating all individuals with dignity and respect and handling difficult situations in accordance with GRM policies and procedures in order to maintain an efficient and effective facility.
Driving and Donation Center Services
- Receive daily schedule of vendor and donation pick-ups from Donation Center Manager and then pick-up and unload items
- Interact with donors, churches, and agencies in ways to reflect our program and Christian values in a positive light
- Receipt donors and turn in receipts or other reports and paperwork in an accurate and timely fashion
- Drive and load box truck according to planned routes/stops in an efficient manner
- Use technologies (cell phone, email, computer, GPS & maps) effectively
- Lift/move/sort furniture, food, clothing, etc.
- Organize & sort donations on the truck and in warehouse
- Deliver donations to other agencies, churches, other GRM centers, or guest(s) as needed
- Move/count/manage warehouse inventory
- Work with volunteers and helpers in loading/moving/storing products
- Utilize good public relations with volunteers, donors, public, staff, outside persons
- Complete accurate paperwork, receipting, counts and logs
- Maintain and clean trucks and warehouse
- Utilize effective time management skills
- Lead others by being a good example
- Utilize good decision making skills
- Provide reports as directed
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Oversee and train shelter guest(s) and/or volunteers on truck duties
- Report all vehicle issues and concerns to Donation Center Manager and be available for necessary response, i.e. take to automotive shop, etc.
- Provide routine maintenance and assure cleaning of all GRM vehicles as deemed necessary by Donation Center Manager or Chief Financial Officer
- Receive and make donor and vendor phone calls as necessary
- Assist with the pickup and delivery inner-center mail to appropriate locations as needed
- Maintain GRM Donation cell phone in good working order
- Go on runs to the Dump as deemed necessary or scheduled by Donation Center Supervisor or Chief Financial Officer
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Attend staff meetings or other meetings as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.