Required: minimum high school diploma or GED. Preferred 2 plus years of work-related experience in facilities and janitorial services. Proficient in customer service and personal service skills. Proficient in observation, receiving, communication, time management, and organizational skills. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and able to be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope and forgiveness to everyone.
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) This individual should expect continuous standing, walking, lifting, stretching, reaching, pulling, and pushing over extended periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 pounds solo.
The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Full-time 40 hours per week; non-exempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off
*Anticipate Flexible Schedules
Responsibilities and Duties
The Janitor supports the Maintenance Team in all Gospel Rescue Mission (GRM) facilities and is responsible for day-to-day cleanliness and organization throughout. The Janitor’s job tasks are a critical part in representation of GRM to its guests, visitors, donors, and the community.
- Warmly greet all guests, including, but not limited to, visitors, volunteers, vendors, staff, guests, donors; homeless men, women, and children; community groups, church groups and public officials
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and organization of assigned areas
- Properly use and store all cleaning and maintenance supplies
- Routinely inventory and order as needed and directed, cleaning supplies for all facilities
- Disinfect and polish high-touch surfaces and furniture
- Work with and oversee guests for Community Service assignments
- Routinely check and replace of all soap and sanitizer dispensers/refills
- Routinely check and replace restroom sanitation supplies
- Conduct routine preventative inspections of all (but not limited to) internal facilities, casitas, dorms, offices, classrooms and meeting rooms
- Responsible for communicating and reporting all facilities concerns to direct supervisor, and either maintenance or program staff
- Work in partnership with maintenance team to ensure all offices, equipment, and common areas are operational/functional
- Use best practices to manage and reduce costs while ensuring efficiency of all facilities procedures
- Respond to emergency facilities requests, determine cause and suggest solution
- Maintain accurate facilities records and provide weekly reports as directed
- Provide assistance with staff, guests, volunteers, and visitors as needed
- Receive and receipt donations as needed
- Assist with setting up and breaking down, special events, banquets, VIP meetings, etc.
- Assist with moves as directed by direct supervisor
- Attend staff meetings, and other meetings as directed by Facilities Manager
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager or Director of Operations
- Attend professional trainings and networking opportunities as directed by the Facilities Manager
- Cover for Facilities Manager as needed. Provide weekly reports as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.
e authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.