Required minimum high school diploma or G.E.D.; 2 years professional experience in accounts receivable; accounts payable; office support; accurate 10-key and computer skills in word processing, data processing, and spread sheets; detailed oriented; Donor management software (i.e.: Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge) experience and Bookkeeping software (i.e.: QuickBooks) experience preferred; warm personal and verbal communication skills. Personal integrity, truthfulness and accountability are critical, invaluable and essential characteristics. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and able to be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope and forgiveness to everyone.
Heavy computer use, sedentary, mostly quiet work environment. Occasionally lift 5 – 50 pounds. Occasionally use step ladder. Occasional reaching, bending, standing, walking and pushing.
The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Part-time 25 hours per week; non-exempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Responsibilities & Duties
The Finance Assistant is responsible for performing any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to GRM transactions recorded by other workers. Under the direction of CFO, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Work collaboratively with all Finance staff members on data entry and management
- Enter various types of data (income, expense, etc.) into appropriate fundraising software, bookkeeping software or excel spreadsheet
Data Entry and Processing
- Work with Donations Receivables Specialist on maintaining current donor records and adding new donor records (constituent addresses and relationship records) to the donor management database software
- Prepare donor source data by sorting and prioritizing information for input and verifying constituent or code information as needed
- Use established procedures to enter donor gift information into donor management database software for batching and checking for accuracy
- Assist with credit card donations, on line donations, direct debits
- Assist with batch and receipt monthly donor gifts
- Assist with prepare, print, and process donor receipts and other letters
- Work with the Donations Receivables Specialist to process all donor correspondence such as memory/honor gifts, donor prayer cards, new donor correspondence letters/packets and general correspondence
- Prepare bulk receipts for the bulk mail carrier to pick up
- Assist with the credit card reconciliation and payment process
- Assist with the bi-weekly payroll process
Other Data Entry
- Entering various types of data into excel spreadsheets
- When required, backup Administrative Receptionist in the following areas:
- Assist with mailings
- Mail year-end tax receipts to donors
- Pick up mail at main post office and other GRM locations, if needed
- Work with Donations Receivables Specialist to open and process all monetary donations
- Work with Donations Receivables Specialist and Bookkeeper to order various supplies (envelopes, donor correspondence supplies, etc.)
- Track special fundraisers when directed by supervisor
- Assist with fundraising events as directed by supervisor
- Work with assigned volunteers (training, monitoring, evaluation, general interaction etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.