It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.
Qualifications: Required minimum high school diploma or GED. 3-plus years of professional experience in customer service, administrative and clerical processes. Professional attitude and appearance. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient computer abilities using Microsoft Office and web-based management systems. Proficient listener and problem-solver. Ability to establish a positive rapport using sincerity and professionalism. Create an environment of social positivity. Lives and breathes QUALITY, SERVICE, VALUE and CLEANLINESS. Has a passion to serve people. Maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record. Bilingual/Spanish a plus. Must be an evangelical Christian who lives a life dedicated to Christ so you can be an instrument of God’s hope, love and forgiveness to the guests we serve.
Physical Demands: Caring for guests can be physically demanding. This individual will come in contact with individuals who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone. Requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking; and lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Mental Demands: The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Employment Status: Full-time 40 hours per week nonexempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off. *Anticipate schedule rotation
Responsibilities & Duties
- Establish and build healthy Christ-honoring relationships with guests, while maintaining professional boundaries including guest confidentiality
- Warmly greet all guests, including, but not limited to, visitors, volunteers, vendors, staff, donors; community groups, church groups and public officials
- Actively participate in the process of raising the standard in the Guest Services areas of responsibility
- “First Impressions” of the Guest Services environment during each shift, such as but not limited to:
- Conduct thorough search of all guests’ belongings, with guest if available, every time they enter. Assist with guests’ medication check-in and daily distribution. Monitor distribution of clothing, hygiene, and other supplies. Oversee guest’s curfew and lights out times, and other schedules. Empty contents of hot box, depending on shift and location. Manage and patrol areas during shift (security, phones, check-ins, etc.) and secure and lock facilities when appropriate. Check the smoke pit, laundry rooms and room/dorm/dorm restrooms/casita, depending on shift. Provide information, answer questions, and respond to requests to help ensure their needs are met in accordance with the services offered at Gospel Rescue Mission.
- Triage guests to determine services needed or assistance requested and assist as needed or direct guests to appropriate staff
- Call for emergency assistance, as appropriate or as directed
- Aid with the provision of transportation, as appropriate or as directed
- Respond to and handle emergency needs (medical, emotional, physical)
- Maintain thorough and timely guest records in MissionTracker, in the General Log document any interactions, concerns or other pertinent information regarding guest(s), etc.
- Supervise guests doing community service
- Conduct breathalyzer tests and UAs; follow through with documenting results; and email results to guest advocate, manager, and director
- De-escalate adverse situations, both physically and emotionally, appropriately redirecting or initiating other measures to control behavior by providing appropriate crisis intervention and conflict resolution as needed
- Assist as requested in thorough daily and weekly room/dorm/casita checks, and provide instruction and guidance
- Assist and work closely with the Guest Services Manager, as appropriate or as directed
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Attend staff meetings or other meetings as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests.
- Teaching and mentoring guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.