It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.
Qualifications: Required minimum high school diploma or GED. 3-plus years of experience in food industry, inventory management, organizational abilities; safety awareness; health department certified for kitchens. ServSafe Certification, a plus. Professional attitude and appearance. Ability to prioritize as situations arise to stay within scheduled tasks. Maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record. Bilingual/Spanish a plus. Must be an evangelical Christian who lives a life dedicated to Christ so you can be an instrument of God’s hope, love and forgiveness to the guests we serve.
Physical Demands: The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue. This individual will come in contact with individuals who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. solo and stand for long periods of time. Ability to maintain heavy physical activity during the shift. Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, sit and walk frequently. This individual will be expected to clean and maintain equipment, kitchen and dining room.
Mental Demands: The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Employment Status: Full-time 40 hours per week non-exempt; eligible for paid time off; eligible for benefits. Flexible schedule with occasional weekends.
Responsibilities & Duties
Kitchen and Food Oversight
- Establish and build healthy Christ-honoring relationships with guests, while maintaining professional boundaries including guest confidentiality
- Warmly greet all guests, including, but not limited to, visitors, volunteers, vendors, staff, donors; community groups, church groups and public officials
- Prepare, serve and supervise breakfast shifts
- Prepare & cook meals as directed by Kitchen Manager, in a timely manner
- Serve meals as directed by the Chef
- Help put food donations away in a timely manner
- Rotate stock in pantries & freezers as instructed by Chef
- Assure health department standards are being followed and interact with health department during their inspections when necessary
- Assist Chef & other duties assigned by Chef and Kitchen Supervisor
- Assist & oversee assigned volunteers (training, monitoring, evaluating, and general interaction)
- Assist with Food Bank donations
- Assist with kitchen cleaning and dish-washing
- Ability and willingness to cover other shifts as needed.
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Attend staff devotions, community meetings and staff meetings as directed by Chef
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Attend staff meetings or other meetings as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests.
- Teaching and mentoring guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.