Qualifications: Required minimum high school diploma or GED. Valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Prefer experience in food industry, inventory management, organizational abilities; safety awareness; health department certified for kitchens; teaching and supervisory abilities; interpersonal skills, ServSafe Certification. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. solo and stand for long periods of time. Personal transportation is necessary. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and able to be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope and forgiveness to everyone.
Physical Demands: (The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) Caring for volunteers/guests can be physically demanding. This individual will be lifting and carrying bags and equipment, and will spend time sitting at a desk or walking, lifting and pushing. This individual will be expected to clean and maintain equipment and facility, and will move throughout the community with volunteers/guests. This individual will come in contact with volunteers/guests who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of all volunteers, staff and themselves.
Mental Demands: The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Employment Status: Full-time 40 hours per week; non-exempt; eligible for paid time off; eligible for benefits. Flexible schedule with occasional weekends.
Responsibilities & Duties
Kitchen and Food Oversight
- Prepare, serve and supervise breakfast shifts
- Prepare & cook meals as directed by Kitchen Manager, in a timely manner
- Serve meals as directed by the Chef
- Help put food donations away in a timely manner
- Rotate stock in pantries & freezers as instructed by Chef
- Assure health department standards are being followed and interact with health department during their inspections when necessary
- Assist Chef & other duties assigned by Chef and Kitchen Supervisor
- Assist & oversee assigned volunteers (training, monitoring, evaluating, and general interaction)
- Assist with Food Bank donations
- Assist with kitchen cleaning and dish-washing
- Ability and willingness to cover other shifts as needed.
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Lead clients into Grace Based Accountability process
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Attend staff devotions, community meetings and staff meetings as directed by Chef
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.