Qualifications: Required: minimum high school diploma or GED. 3 years of experience in marketing, communication, or related field. Strong organizational, prioritizing and multi-tasking skills, oral comprehension, oral expression, writing comprehension, and written expression. Detail-oriented and highly organized. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively and independently. Strong time management skills for managing multiple deadlines at all times. Proficient knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office. Professional attitude and appearance. Anticipates needs and pays attention to all details and accuracy. Self-Motivated. Adaptability and flexibility. A team player. Strong ability to execute work with a diverse, loving, grace-filled, compassionate, and professional outlook. Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance. Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround. Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information. Knowledge with office equipment such as computers, copy/fax machine, etc. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and able to be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope, and forgiveness to everyone.
Physical Demands: Heavy computer use, sedentary, mostly quiet work environment. Occasionally lift 5 – 50 pounds. Occasionally use step ladder. Occasional reaching, bending, standing, walking, and pushing.
Mental Demands: The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Employment Status: Full-time 40 hours per week nonexempt; eligible for benefits and paid time off. Monday – Friday, 8am to 4:30PM, occasional flexibility.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Marketing Assistant assists a dynamic team with tracking and meeting deadlines, supporting projects at maximizing Gospel Rescue Mission (GRM) marketing campaigns and facilitate their successes. The Marketing Assistant is responsible for the undertaking of daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities, and supports the overall marketing team in organizing various projects.
- Warmly greet all guests, including, but not limited to, visitors, volunteers, vendors, staff, guests, donors; homeless men, women, and children; community groups, church groups, and public officials
- Update spreadsheets, databases, and inventories with statistical, financial and non-financial information
- Prepare and deliver promotional presentations
- Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts
- Track direct marketing project schedule and deadlines
- Manage direct mail, television, radio and video marketing projects for scheduling, content accuracy, and deadlines
- Coordinate video interviews and transportation for guests and students as needed
- Run marketing reports as needed
- Communicate with donors as needed
- Communicate with administration team on upcoming projects that generate donations and donor inquiries
- Communicate with IT on web-based projects as needed
- Manage all inquiries received through the GRM and Center of Opportunity websites
- Review content and reply to social media inquiries as needed
- Review content and reply to Google reviews as needed
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
- Maintain GRM’s corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage
- Attend meetings as directed
- Attend trainings as directed
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing Manager (TBD)
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on grace, truth, and love, and encouraging trust and authenticity without fear
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility
- Praying with guests, students, and staff
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of mission, vision, and values of GRM
It is the policy of GRM to complete a background check, drug test, and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.