It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.
Qualifications: Required minimum high school diploma or GED. 3-plus years of professional experience in customer service, administrative and clerical processes. Professional attitude and appearance. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient computer abilities using Microsoft Office and web-based management systems. Proficient listener and problem-solver. Ability to establish a positive rapport using sincerity and professionalism. Create an environment of social positivity. Lives and breathes QUALITY, SERVICE, VALUE and CLEANLINESS. Has a passion to serve people. Maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope, and forgiveness to all.
Physical Demands: Caring for guests can be physically demanding. This individual will come in contact with individuals who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone. Requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking; and lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Mental Demands: The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Employment Status: On Call/Temporary/Seasonal hourly nonexempt; no permanent schedule
PTO: Eligible for Arizona Paid Sick Time (Fair Wages and Healthy Families Act)
Responsibilities & Duties
- Establish and build healthy Christ-honoring relationships with guests, while maintaining professional boundaries including guest confidentiality
- Warmly greet all guests, including, but not limited to, visitors, volunteers, vendors, staff, donors; community groups, church groups and public officials
- Actively participate in the process of raising the standard in the Guest Services areas of responsibility
- A “First Impressions” of Gospel Rescue Mission, responsible for initial or sustained contact with all who enter Gospel Rescue Mission
- Work in other Guest Services areas as required
- De-escalate adverse situations, both physically and emotionally, appropriately redirecting or initiating other measures to control behavior by providing appropriate crisis intervention and conflict resolution as needed
- Respond to emergencies or other urgent issues
- Work with Security and Security Team and IT Security to ensure the security of the building in emergency situations
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Attend staff meetings or other meetings as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Depending on shift, job responsibilities will vary
- Depending on location, job responsibilities will vary
Center of Opportunity and Women’s Recovery Center
- Conduct thorough search of all guests’ belongings, with guest if available, every time they enter. Assist with guests’ medication check-in and daily distribution. Monitor distribution of clothing, hygiene, and other supplies. Oversee guest’s curfew and lights out times, and other schedules. Empty contents of hot box, depending on shift and location. Manage and patrol areas during shift (security, phones, check-ins, etc.) and secure and lock facilities when appropriate. Check the smoke pit, laundry rooms and room/dorm/dorm restrooms/casita, depending on shift. Provide information, answer questions, and respond to requests to help ensure their needs are met in accordance with the services offered at Gospel Rescue Mission. Assist as requested in thorough daily and weekly room/dorm/casita checks, and provide instruction and guidance.
- Triage guests to determine services needed or assistance requested and direct guests to appropriate staff, other GRM facilities, other social services agencies, churches, ministries, legal services providers, mental health or medical service providers. When appropriate, call for emergency assistance. Check bags of guests. Provide assistance with guests, volunteers, visitors and partners as needed. Answer phones and rout calls to the correct person or taking messages. Ensure that visitors and volunteers sign in upon entering and exiting GRM facilities. Receive and receipt donations as needed. Comply with the standard of confidentiality at all times. Under the directive of the Guest Services Manager, support GRM processes with guests. Ensure all Welcome Center volunteers and hospitality teams are adhering to standard of operation.
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests.
- Teaching and mentoring guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.