Minimum high school diploma or GED; good interpersonal skills; organized; able to follow instructions; evangelical Christian
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) Caring for guests/students can be physically demanding. This individual will be lifting and carrying bags and equipment, and will spend time sitting at a desk or walking, lifting and pushing. This individual will be expected to clean and maintain equipment and facility, and will move throughout the community with guests/students. This individual will come in contact with guests/students who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of all guests, staff and themselves.
(Conditions that may lead to mental or emotional fatigue) Caring for guests/students is stressful. This individual must ensure that guests/students are supervised at all times, and that guests/students are involved in safe and appropriate activities. At times there will be a number of situations happening at once and this Individual must be prepared to handle accidents and emergencies at any time.
On-Call/Temporary/Seasonal hourly; non-exempt; no permanent schedule.
Guest Services Coordinator
Responsibilities & Duties
Client Services (95%)
- Pray with, advise and direct the efforts of students and guests relating to spiritual, personal and program needs
- Participate in the process of developing Christian disciples
- Lead clients into Grace Based accountability process
- Establish and build healthy Christ-honoring relationships with clients
- Maintain a safe, secure, and clean shelter environment
Depending of Shift Covering for, you may or may not be expected to fulfill the following duties:
- Respond to any emergency needs (client or facility) – medial, emotional, physical
- Defuse serious or dangerous conflicts between clients
- Cover front desk duties (answer phones, meet with walk-in clients, etc)
- Assist the Client Services Coordinator in keeping an accurate and comprehensive case-management file on each guest and daily client census reports.
- Supervise the operation of the emergency shelter program including but not limited to: maintaining appropriate records (clients and reports); manage shelter inventory (materials, equipment and supplies); oversee guest check-in procedures; overseeing the evening meal time and late meals; communicating with staff and guest.
- Work as a pastor and/or counselor
- Serve as the person-in-charge overnight
- Wake guests and students up as needed
- Execute evening room checks / Conduct client wake-up calls, security checks of all facilities, properties and equipment.
- Wake morning cooks and oversees breakfast procedure
- Report significant or important client or facility information to morning staff and/or write incident or significant information in the daily log.
- Housekeeping duties as needed or assigned
- Complete reports and documentation as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.