Prefer: bachelor’s degree in bible or ministry education. Required: minimum of 2 years of experience in ministry, and ministry experience may count in place of degree, and include case management, social work, counseling, education or related field; knowledge of the educational process, of local resources; interviewing and interpersonal relationships skills; Proficient organizational and leadership skills. Bilingual/Spanish a plus; ordained or licensed minister a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and able to be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope and forgiveness to everyone.
Physical effort may lead to physical fatigue. Caring for guests/students can be physically demanding. This Individual will be lifting and carrying bags and equipment, and will spend time sitting at a desk or walking, lifting and pushing. This Individual will be expected to clean and maintain personal work equipment and personal work area, and will move throughout the community with guests/students. This individual will be exposed to guests/students who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of themselves.
he population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Full-time 40 hours per week nonexempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support Pastoral Care Coordinator as requested
- Teach Bible and Relational Classes in harmony with the GRM Statement of Faith, not supporting denominational distinctives and respectful of other Christian denominations
- Support chaplain or in the absence of one serve in that capacity
- Assist in developing Bible Curriculum in accordance with Statement of Faith of GRM and nondenominational in nature.
- Provide for special services such as Christmas and Easter, and other appropriate services, prayer times etc. as needed.
- Document guest attendance in Chapel and keep and provide statistics regarding the spiritual advancement of guests (Salvations etc.) for other departments as requested.
- Provide support to Volunteers
- Cultivate and develop relationships with outside Agencies
- Communicate outside agency resources to all staff as needed
- Develop and coordinate on site Resource Fairs
- Participate in Homeless Connect
- Manage your web based time and attendance records
- Attend staff meetings, devotions and prayer times
- Other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.