Qualifications: Required: Bachelor’s degree in Law Enforcement, Criminology, Business Management, or related field, in addition to advanced specialized certification. 5-plus years of equivalent to experience may count in place of degree. 5-plus years of prior operational experience in public safety and security equipment, ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner, strategies to promote effective safety and security operations. Maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope, and forgiveness to all.
Essential Experience, Skills and Competencies include but are not limited to: 5-plus years of experience in leading and supporting a team. Ability to develop and execute team initiatives, independently as well as collaboratively. Outstanding interpersonal relational skills. Proficient written communication, reading comprehension, and comprehensive listening skills. Ability to positively engage with a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships. Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for GRM.
Physical Demands: This individual will be exposed to individuals who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone. Ability to use a phone, computer, printer, copier, and other standard office machinery. Frequent use of Microsoft Office products and web-based software. Requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking; and lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Mental Demands: The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Safety and Security Manager is responsible for day-to-day safety and security operations at Gospel Rescue Mission (GRM), in accordance with state and local laws and standards set by GRM. The Safety and Security Manager is responsible for leading and managing the safety and security team; promoting and fostering a culture of dignity and respect, peace, and compassion; serving the least; and protecting the vulnerable.
- Warmly greet all guests, including, but not limited to, visitors, volunteers, vendors, staff, donors; homeless men, women, and children; community groups, church groups, and public officials
- Manage the safety and security team, including but not limited to supervising, evaluating activities, scheduling, and fostering teamwork
- Ensure facilities have suitable safety coverage and that safety and security team are performing their related responsibilities
- Lead Safety and Security committee and meetings
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, develop training and training materials for safety and security team, such as, but not limited to, building and workplace safety and security, risk management, workplace emergency and natural disaster readiness, workplace violence, Fire Emergency Evacuation Plan and Fire Procedure
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, write, review, and update a policy and procedure safety and security manual for all facilities and community partners including items such as: lock down procedures, fire drills, forms for reporting issues or incidents, emergency phone numbers, phone tree reporting procedures, etc.
- Provide safety and security information and training to all GRM employees and volunteers
- Identify, investigate, or resolve safety and security breaches
- Assess risk to mitigate potential concerns of incidents and develop a plan to respond to incidents
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, develop, implement, manage, or evaluate policies and procedures to protect personnel against harassment, threats, or violence
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, develop lock down procedures and drills at all facilities
- Manage the master key/access, checking in/out, and two-way radios as assigned to and used by employees, GRM shelter and recovery guests, volunteers, and onsite community partnership staff
- Manage all safety and security investigations being performed, including document and report follow-up
- Conduct frequent property and facility checks for potential security and safety issues and to ensure the procedures and standards are being upheld
- Work with all departments relating to security and safety
- Coordinate security team for all GRM events
- Maintain and order security and safety supplies
- Evaluate periodically the overall effectiveness of facility and personnel security processes
- Ensure all fire and emergency procedures are adhered to by all employees, guests, volunteers, visitors, and community partner organization staff
- Research requirements and ensure compliance with OSHA, FEMA, ADOSH, DOT, and other federal, state, and local safety and emergency management regulatory agencies
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, certify safety compliance as its relates to insurance
- Conduct regular operational meetings to review, monitor, adjust and upgrade the performance of GRM as a whole, explaining new directives, policies or procedures
- Act as the GRM point of contact for all emergency services
- Respond to evening or weekend emergencies as needed
- Communicate and coordinate schedules and services with any outsources security entities and their agents and assure the agents comply in accordance with our culture to maintain a peaceful, respectful, and supportive environment, using force as a last resort
- Work with GRM and community partners to resolve any safety and security concerns or incidents
- Collect, review, and address issues reported in GRM or community partner incident report(s)
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, assist with the deployment of drug detection K9
Leadership Team Expectations
- Be consistent with meaningful communication. Give recognition and praise. Provide feedback, mentorship and training. Find ways to foster a sense of community at work. Create a safe space for failure. Provide strong leadership and a clear vision. Hold yourself and others accountable. Demonstrate good problem-solving skills and abilities. Avoid micromanaging – provide empowerment. Be an effective decision maker/solution provider. Put people first. Be honest. Be dedicated. Uphold healthy work/life balance.
- Provide full leadership and supervisory support to safety and security team, operations teams, and GRM teams
- In collaboration with Director of Operations and Director of Human Resources, manage, address, and coach team situations and responsibilities
- Uphold policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding behavior, conduct, and GRM practices; and escalate manage, and report issues with transparency and accountability
- In collaboration with Director of Human Resources and Director of Operations, participate in interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, recognition, disciplining, and termination of direct reports as necessary
- Provide assistance to the Director of Operations and/or Executive Team as required to resolve all complaints of guests, staff, volunteers, and partner/outside agencies or entities
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Manage employees’ web-based time and attendance records
- Support and attend GRM team meetings
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests.
- Teaching and mentoring guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.