Required: minimum high school diploma or GED; minimum of 3 years of experience in security surveillance; minimum of 3 years of experience in customer services and social awareness. Maintain a valid Arizona driver license. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent reading comprehension. Proficient in the ability to solve practical problems and use de-escalation techniques. Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office. Proficient experience in crisis response, safety and crowd management. Ability to operate communication devices such as cell phone, two-way radios, and surveillance photo/video equipment ethically and in accordance with established policies and procedures. Bilingual/Spanish a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and able to an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope and forgiveness to everyone.
Heavy computer use, sedentary, somewhat quiet work environment. Occasionally lift 5 – 50 pounds. Frequently sitting, standing, and walking. Specific visual abilities require for this position include close vision, color vision, focus vision, depth perception and adjust focus.
The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Full-time 40 hours per week; non-exempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off.
Responsibilities and Duties
It is the responsibility of the Safety and Security to guard, patrol, or monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules through photo/video surveillance; while maintaining an environment of dignity and respect of all we serve.
- Conduct video surveillance for unusual/suspicious activity
- Obtain video documentation of suspicious activity
- Conduct activity checks around property as needed
- Monitor traffic in and out of property
- Complete incident reports as required per procedures
- Ensure all photo/video surveillance equipment is functioning properly
- Ensure all photo/video surveillance logs and reports are completed
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of the Ordinance for the Regulation of Gospel Rescue Mission, state and federal
- Apply fair and consistent supervision of photo/video surveillance
- Assist in any internal or external investigations conducted by the Safety and Security Team Lead
- Respond to emergencies and provide assistance as needed
- Provide information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
- Prepare productivity reports, observation reports, trouble reports, and investigation summaries
- Responsible for training new safety and security team members
- Monitor and record all other areas by photo/video surveillance
- Monitor all alarm equipment in the photo/video surveillance
- Monitor cash handling.
- Maintain a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment
- Contribute to a team effort and accomplish related results as required
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Attend professional trainings and networking opportunities as directed
- Attend Staff Meetings, and other meetings as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.