Required: minimum high school diploma or GED; minimum of 3 years of experience in security and baggage check; minimum of 3 years of experience in customer and personal services; administrative and clerical processes; telephone switchboards and electronic equipment; social awareness. Bilingual/Spanish a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and able to an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope and forgiveness to everyone.
Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, ability to multi-task, organized, follow instructions, strong communication and listening, problem solving and interpersonal relationship. Ability to use web-based management software, ability to monitor, operate & troubleshoot office equipment including security systems (gates & doors).
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) this position can be physically demanding. This individual will be lifting and carrying bags and equipment, and will spend time sitting at a desk or walking, lifting and pushing. This individual will come in contact with guests who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of all guests, staff and themselves. This individual must be able to stand for long periods of time and must be able to work outside.
The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Part-time nonexempt 25 hours per week: eligible for paid time off; eligible for dental, vision and Simple IRA 3% matching; Monday thru Friday 2:30 PM – 7 PM. Anticipate Flexible Schedules
Part-time nonexempt 20 hours per week; eligible for paid time off; eligible for dental, vision and Simple IRA 3% matching; Saturday and Sunday 7:30 AM – 6 PM. Anticipate Flexible Schedules
Responsibilities and Duties
Our Security Screeners are our frontline employees and are in positions of initial or sustained contact with all GRM guests, students, volunteers, donors, partners and visitors and must provide excellent customer service at all times, by treating all individuals with dignity and respect and handling difficult situations in accordance with GRM policies and procedures in order to maintain an efficient and effective facility.
- Primary responsibility is to conduct bag (belongings) search of all guests, students, entering and exiting the Center of Opportunity.
- Warmly greet all guests, including but not limited to, visitors, volunteers, vendors, staff, students, donors, homeless men, women and children, community groups, church groups and public officials
- Follow and adhere to safety and security procedures and standards by processing people through the metal detectors or use hand held wand prior to entering the building
- Receive and receipt in-kind donations
- Be responsible for the equipment (radio, computer, etc.) assigned to the position and use it appropriately
- Operate metal detector and check bags when people enter and exit the property/building
- De-escalate individuals when requested or as needed
- Assist with emergency evacuations or lock downs according procedures in the Safety & Security manual
- Write reports (including incident reports) and enter information into spreadsheets.
- Communicate information to next shift personnel (during shift change) concerning things of importance that have transpired and keep the Facilities Manager apprised of important events or issues.
- Be available to cover another shift or change shift times as needed
- Provide safety and security functions at special events as needed
- Work with the Facilities Manager to develop practices (including but not limited to prevention and intervention activities) that maintain a high level of protection for all clients, volunteers, visitors and employees on each GRM campus
- Be able to work with law enforcement, other emergency services (EMS, Fire, etc.) when necessary (providing relevant information)
- Provide assistance with guests, volunteers and visitors as needed
- Receive and receipt donations as needed
- Comply with the standard of confidentiality at all times
- Knowledgeable of and capable of implementing site safety programs
- Follow all protocols and procedures in the safety and security manual and handbook
Space Usage and Upkeep
- Maintain clean and organized bag intake area at all times
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Attend meetings and trainings as requested
- All other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.