Required: minimum high school diploma or GED; minimum of 3 years of experience in security surveillance; minimum of 3 years of experience in customer services and social awareness. Maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent reading comprehension. Proficient in the ability to solve practical problems and use de-escalation techniques. Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office. Proficient experience in crisis response, safety, and crowd management. Ability to operate communication devices such as cell phones, two-way radios, and surveillance photo/video equipment ethically and in accordance with established policies and procedures. Bilingual/Spanish a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and able to be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope, and forgiveness to everyone.
Heavy computer use. Occasionally lift 5-50 pounds. Frequent standing, walking and sitting. Excellent vision and hearing are required. Work environment is indoors and outdoors, despite weather conditions.
The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Full-time 40 hours per week, non-exempt; eligible for benefits, eligible for paid time off. Should anticipate flexible schedule.
Reports to: Safety and Security Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible for regularly screening, monitoring and inspecting the premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of standards set forth by Gospel Rescue Mission (GRM). Also, to constantly monitor individuals on campus regarding vandalism, illegal entry; presence or use of intoxicants, drugs, or other contraband. It is the responsibility of Safety and Security to maintain an environment of dignity and respect of all we serve, while applying fair and consistent practices.
- Warmly greet all guests, including, but not limited to, visitors, volunteers, vendors, staff, guests, donors; homeless men, women, and children; community groups, church groups, and public officials
- Make periodic physical rounds around the interior and perimeter of the Center of Opportunity or Women’s Recovery Center
- As needed, confiscate contraband and secure in assigned controlled areas
- Log any events or observations and provide to the incoming Safety and Security Team member
- Warn or remove unauthorized individuals from campus
- Notify the proper authorities when those individuals violate the GRM Safety and Security policy
- Monitor traffic in and out of property
- Assist in any internal or external investigations
- Respond to emergencies and provide assistance as needed
- Provide information to leadership and co-workers
- Prepare incident reports and investigation summaries
- Maintain good communication with team members, and maintain a positive and professional work environment
- Contribute to a team effort and accomplish related results as required
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of GRM, local, state, and federal safety regulations and laws
- Routinely conduct video surveillance of the Center of Opportunity and Women’s Recovery Center
- Ensure all photo/video surveillance equipment is functioning properly
- Obtain video documentation of suspicious activity
- Monitor all alarm and photo/video surveillance equipment
- Ensure all photo/video surveillance logs and reports are completed
- Monitor and record incidents caught by photo/video surveillance
- Attend meetings as directed
- Attend trainings as directed
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Other duties as assigned by the Safety and Security Manager
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on grace, truth, and love, and encouraging trust and authenticity without fear
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility
- Praying with guests, students, and staff
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of mission, vision, and values of GRM
It is the policy of GRM to complete a background check, drug test, and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.