Qualifications: Required Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social services or appropriate human services field. Minimum of 5 years of experience in case management, counseling, administration, social work or related field. Mandatory skills required include advanced aptitude in computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite. Additional areas of expertise desired include staff and volunteer supervision, leadership skills, strong communication skills, problem solving skills and interpersonal relationship skills. Knowledge/experience working with substance use disorders and/or mental health issues helpful. 7 plus year of experience may count in place of degree. Must be an evangelical Christian who lives a life dedicated to Christ so you can be an instrument of God’s hope, love and forgiveness to the guests we serve.
Physical Demands: (The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) Caring for guests/students can be physically demanding. This Individual will be lifting and carrying bags and equipment, and will spend time sitting at a desk or walking, lifting and pushing. This Individual will be expected to clean and maintain equipment and facility, and will move throughout the community with guests/students. This Individual will come in contact with guests/students who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of all guests, staff and themselves.
Mental Demands: Must be an evangelical Christian who lives a life dedicated to Christ so you can be an instrument of God’s hope, love and forgiveness to the guests we serve.
Employment Status: Full-time exempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish and build healthy Christ honoring relationships with guests, students, volunteers and visitors, while maintaining professional boundaries including client confidentiality
- Pray with, advise and direct the efforts of students relating to spiritual, personal and program needs.
- Provide crisis intervention, de-escalation techniques and conflict resolution as needed. Lead students into our Grace Based accountability process, and embrace the process personally
- Become familiar with the Genesis Process and utilize those tools in support of students
- Document as directed any pertinent information regarding students
- Teach or oversee classes as requested
- Attend student meetings and facilitate as requested
- Participate in group outings and other special events
- Monitor the creation and maintenance of Student Schedules and Class Attendance for students in Recovery or Shelter Services
- Support student success in regards to attendance in classes, community service and other scheduled appointments
- Collaborate with Recovery Services Coordinator regarding men and women on probation and admissions from jail
- Provide case management and oversight of Transition House
- Liaison for Behavioral Health agencies and case managers
- Liaison for Family Drug Court to monitor progression
- In collaboration with Director of Shelter Program and Director of Human Resources, participate in interviewing, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating work performance of assigned employees
- Ensure adherence of assigned employees to mission, philosophy and policies/procedures of WCC: Christian principles and practices, Grace Based model, Accountability Process and Recovery/Genesis services to students
- Ensure assigned employees are following required best practices in regards to professional boundaries, client confidentiality, documentation and record keeping
- Lead Department team meetings and trainings as needed
- Work with Coordinator team to develop activities, lead meetings or trainings, and share On-call responsibilities as directed
- Manage your employee web based time and attendance records
- Interview and provide orientation, training, supervision, support and scheduling of volunteers to assist as appropriate
- Attend Staff Meetings, and other meetings as directed
- Attend professional trainings and networking opportunities as directed
- Cover for staff or volunteer absences as directed
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.