Required: minimum high school diploma or GED; minimum of 3 years of experience in customer and personal services; administrative and clerical processes; telephone switchboards and electronic equipment; social awareness. Bilingual/Spanish a plus. Must be an evangelical Christian who lives a life dedicated to Christ so you can be an instrument of God’s hope, love and forgiveness to the guests we serve
Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, ability to multi-task, organized, follow instructions, strong communication and listening, problem solving and interpersonal relationship. Ability to use web-based management software, ability to monitor, operate & troubleshoot office equipment including security systems (gates & doors).
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) this position can be physically demanding. This individual will be lifting and carrying bags and equipment, and will spend time sitting at a desk or walking, lifting and pushing. This individual will come in contact with guests who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of all guests, staff and themselves. This individual must be able to stand for long periods of time and must be able to work outside.
The population we serve are typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Full-time nonexempt 40 hours per week; eligible for paid time off; eligible for benefits. *Anticipate Flexible Schedules
Responsibilities and Duties
Welcome Desk Services (100%)
Our Welcome Desk Associates are our front-line employees and are in positions of initial or sustained contact with all GRM guests, students, volunteers, donors, partners and visitors and must provide excellent customer service at all times, by treating all individuals with dignity and respect and handling difficult situations in accordance with GRM policies and procedures in order to maintain an efficient and effective facility.
- Warmly greet all guests, including but not limited to, visitors, volunteers, vendors, staff, students, donors, homeless men, women and children, community groups, church groups and public officials
- Triage guests to determine services needed or assistance requested and direct guests to appropriate staff, other GRM facilities, other social services agencies, churches, ministries, legal services providers, mental health or medical service providers. When appropriate, call for emergency assistance
- Check bags of guests
- Provide assistance with guests, volunteers, visitors and partners as needed
- Answer phones and rout calls to the correct person or taking messages
- Ensure that visitors and volunteers sign in upon entering and exiting COOP
- Receive and receipt donations as needed
- Work with security on related matters to crisis and conflict resolution
- Comply with the standard of confidentiality at all times
- Under the directive of the Facilities Manager, support GRM program processes with guests and students
- Ensure all welcome desk volunteers and hospitality teams are adhering to standard of operation
Security Screener (Bag Intake)
- Respond to emergencies or other urgent issues involving the facility
- Work with Security Department, Security Screener and IT Security to ensure the security of the building in emergency situations
- Serve as back-up for Security Screener as directed
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Maintain record of delivered packages
- Other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.ug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.