Required minimum high school diploma or GED. 3 years of experience in customer and personal service, proficient at building relationships with diverse groups of staff and volunteers. 3 years of experience with orientating, training and organizing volunteers. Proficient communication, organizational, time management and multitasking skills. Proficient problem-solving and resolution skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office and cloud-based applications. Good driving record and able to drive up to 12 passenger van. Bilingual/Spanish: a plus. Must be an evangelical Christian who lives a life dedicated to Christ so you can be an instrument of God’s hope, love and forgiveness to the guests we serve.
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) this individual will be sitting, lifting, standing, walking and driving throughout the facilities and community. This individual will be expected to clean and maintain cleanliness all areas of responsibility. This individual will come in contact with individuals who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of self and all.
The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Full-time 40 hours per week, non-exempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off. Anticipate Flexible Schedules.
Responsibilities & Duties
Overview: to assist in accomplishing the vision/purpose of GRM’s Volunteer Department, by supporting and collaborating with Volunteer Manager.
- Maintain excellent customer service, attending to our guests; establishing and continue building healthy Christ honoring relationships with families/individuals in need. Evangelize, share faith and pray with individuals as God leads
- Represent the High Impact Volunteer Ministry model at the Center of Opportunity.
- Attend staff meetings and coordinators meetings to determine volunteer participation, assessment of effective use of volunteers and development of additional volunteer opportunities.
- Serve as the point of contact person between volunteers and staff and facilitate communication between them.
- Interview pre-screened volunteer candidates for best fit consideration and coordinate placement with appropriate staff.
- Once placement occurs, follow-up with staff and volunteer on performance
- Continue with the ongoing staff development of biblical volunteer management ministry
- Conduct volunteer meetings and orientations
- In collaboration with the Volunteer Manager, update and improve all volunteer forms and manuals, necessary volunteer calendars weekly and monthly
- In collaboration with the Volunteer Manager, continue with volunteer development, trainings, evaluations, newsletter, monthly communications
- Maintain Gift-in-Kind (GIK) volunteer documents and files, Volunteer sign-in registration records, reporting, tracking of volunteer hours, etc.
- In collaboration with the Volunteer Manager, maintain the development and training of new skill sets to improve communications with volunteers and staff
- Attend professional development trainings, and other trainings as directed
- All other duties as assigned by Volunteer Manager and/or CEO
- Provide weekly reports as directed
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social services programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission choose to Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal action words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process that leads to self-evaluations personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students, and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving and compassionate relationships with guests, students and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity honesty and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.