It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test, and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.
Qualifications: Required minimum high school diploma or GED. 3-plus years of experience in childcare services, nursery and youth ministry, child welfare advocacy, behavioral health. Personal traits of patience, gentleness, kindness, empathy and joy. Ability to explain the Gospel and salvation to children. Maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and able to an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope, and forgiveness to everyone.
Physical Demands: Draws energy from working smallest and precious guests. This individual will be lifting and carrying children and will spend time sting on the floor or child sized furniture. This individual will be expected to maintain the cleanness of the children services room and equipment. Caring for guests can be physically demanding. This individual will come in contact with individuals who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone. Requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking; and lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Mental Demands: The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Employment Status: Part-time 22.5 hours per week nonexempt; eligible for paid time off; eligible for dental, vision and Simple IRA 3% matching. *Anticipate Flexible Schedules
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under the leadership of the Children Services Manager and Director of Shelter Program maintain the Children Services Standard of Excellence
- Establish and build healthy Christ-honoring relationships with guests, while maintaining professional boundaries including guest confidentiality
- Pray with, advise, and direct the efforts of children relating to spiritual, personal, and program needs
- Provide a developmental environment, provide appropriate support for mental, emotional, academic or physically challenged children, and provide tools to support the child’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts, provide services/activities
- In collaboration with the Children Services Manager, create multi-age lessons and activities that spiritual, mental, emotional, educational and physical growth of children
- In collaboration with the Children Services Manager plan recreational activities and social activities including outdoor programs, physical exercise, field trips and off-site activities (VBS, Zoo trips, etc.)
- Transport and/or accompany individual and groups of children in assigned GRM vehicle only
- Monitor lessons of chapel speakers, assuring material is consistent with biblical principles detailed in Gospel Rescue Mission policies
- Read and teach them simple painting, drawing, crafts and songs
- Provide age-appropriate meals and snacks for children as needed
- Instruct children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting and toilet habits
- Dress children and change diapers
- Conduct regular dining room or playground monitoring
- De-escalate adverse situations, both physically and emotionally and appropriate redirect or initiate other measures to control behavior by provide age-appropriate crisis intervention and conflict resolution as needed
- Participate in caring for the safety and various needs of children
- Orient parents to Children Services Mission 101 new guest intake structure, values and standards
- Provide support to volunteers assigned to Children Services
- Maintain thorough and timely guest records in MissionTracker, documenting services provided to children and/or parents, children incidents, mandated reporting, advocacy services, DSC requirements, observations about activities, meals served, and medications administered, 1:1 ministry,
- Attend meetings, professional training as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role-modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests
- Teaching and mentoring guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, staff, and volunteers, while establishing healthy and safe boundaries
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility
- Praying with guests and staff
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Mission, Vision, and Values of Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson