Required minimum high school diploma or GED. 5-plus year of prior operational experience in the function of donor development, donor public relations, Knowledge and donor development and donor database supervision. Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for GRM. Maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope, and forgiveness to all.
Essential Experience, Skills and Competencies include but are not limited to: Excellent interpersonal skills in communicating effectively with colleagues, donors and volunteers. Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external stakeholders. Protect the confidentiality of prospects, donors and volunteers. Must be detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills. Abilities to work effectively in a team environment and with minimal supervision. Proficient in Microsoft Office products like Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience in Raiser’s Edge a plus.
Assist with setting up presentations and displays including but not limited to electronic presentations. Ability to use a phone, computer, printer, copier, and other standard office machinery. Frequent use of Microsoft Office products and web-based software. Requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking; and lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Full-time 40 hours per week nonexempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off
Responsibilities & Duties
The Development Coordinator is a vital part of the Gospel Rescue Mission Development Team. Under the direction of the Development Manager, this team member will serve as the point of contact for all development related tasks, including but not limited to, prospecting, cultivating, stewarding, facilitating, organizing and supporting projects in support of the mission of the Gospel Rescue Mission.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Gospel Rescue Mission team
- Serves as the point of contact for all donor related activities
- Assist with donor research, donor cultivation, stewardship, including but not limited to phone calls, emails, mailing, tours and personal visits
- Work collaboratively with the finance team to produce donor acknowledgment letters, emails, literatures and phone calls
- Process and mail receipts and acknowledgments, and other donor communications as required; devising systems where necessary
- Design and execute queries, exports and reports using donor database management system, in conjunction with MS Office tools
- Pull data and create reports to aid in analysis of donor retention, appeal response analysis, progress to annual goal and extractions of data from the database for analytical purposes
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor contact and biographical information
- Design and execute data integrity projects including returned mail, address updates, merge and inactivation processes
- Work with Development Team to manage the tracking and reporting of solicitation efforts and direct mail initiatives
- Participate in development of best practices and documentation in maintaining accurate database records
- Provide support to fundraising and donor stewardship events
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Attend staff meetings or other meetings as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests.
- Teaching and mentoring guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.