- Degree in Organizational Leadership, Public Health, Business Management, or related field, in addition to advanced specialized certification.
- 5-plus years of equivalent to experience may count in place of degree.
- 5-plus years of prior operational experience in training and development, expedient customer service, live and breathe QUAITY, SERVICE, VALUE and CLEANLINESS.
- Maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope, and forgiveness to all.
- Essential Experience, Skills and Competencies include but are not limited to 5-plus years of experience in leading and supporting a team. Ability to develop and execute team initiatives, independently as well as collaboratively. Outstanding interpersonal relational skills. Proficient written communication, reading comprehension, and comprehensive listening skills. Ability to positively engage with a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships. Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for GRM.
- This individual may encounter individuals who are ill and/or contagious and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone.
- Ability to use a phone, computer, printer, copier, and other standard office machinery.
- Frequent use of Microsoft Office products and web-based software.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking; and lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
- Full-time exempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off
- Director of Program
- Senior Director of Program
Vacation Level: 2
Responsibilities and Duties
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for working with the Guest Services Team to provide advocacy and facilitate deliverable [program] services. They serve as models for guests while sharing hope and guidance through the program experience. The Guest Services Manager is directly involved with providing quality services to our guests in an environment of Love, Grace, Dignity, and Respect. A Guest Services Manager is someone who has agreed to assist others in their program journey and assist them with moving toward vocation and economic stability and self-sufficiency. The Guest Services Manager oversees the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of Gospel Rescue Mission’s Guest Services Team.
- Establish and build healthy Christ-honoring relationships with guests, while maintaining professional boundaries including guest confidentiality
- Pray with, advise, and direct the efforts of guests relating to spiritual, personal, and program needs
- Under the leadership of the Director of Shelter Program maintain the Guest Services standard of excellence
- Oversee and monitor the day-to-day activities of the Guests Services Team members at the Center of Opportunity, Women’s Recovery Center, Welcome Center, Courtyard Building, and Medication Rooms, ensuring continuity of services
- Foster an atmosphere of excellent customer service in a nurturing, interactive fun, safe and clean environment, as well as being spiritual and positive learning by supporting guests emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts
- Orient, monitor and support Guest Services Team and volunteers assigned, to the guest services structure, values and standards
- Review and monitor guest services areas, assuring material is consistent with Gospel Rescue Mission policies
- Actively participate in the process of raising the standard and developing the Guest Services Program and Team
- When needed, assist the Director of Shelter Program in making recommendations to develop and monitor Guest Services budget
- Submit all request to purchase equipment, supplies and gifts, etc. for Guest Services to the Director of Shelter Program
- In collaboration with direct supervisor and the Donation Center Manager, request donations and outside resources to meet the guest needs
- With the guidance of Director of Shelter Program, enlist outside agency and other services/resources for guests
- Maintain thorough and timely guest records in MissionTracker, documenting services provided to children and/or parents, children incidents, mandated reporting, guest’s services notable observations and medications administered
- In a moderate to fast pace, achieves weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual success goals (and others) as approved and in accordance with GRM benchmarks and strategic plan
- De-escalate adverse situations, both physically and emotionally and appropriate redirect or initiate other measures to control behavior by provide appropriate crisis intervention and conflict resolution as needed
- Lead guests in Grace Based accountability process
- Lead guests in Genesis accountability process
- In collaboration with the Director of Shelter Program, manages the new guest intakes and exits when applicable
- Participate in group outings and other special events
- Supervises responsibilities of the On Call Shelter Staff
- Share On-call Manager responsibilities as directed
Leadership Team Expectations
- Be consistent with meaningful communication. Give recognition and praise. Provide feedback, mentorship and training. Find ways to foster a sense of community at work. Create a safe space for failure. Provide strong leadership and a clear vision. Hold yourself and others accountable. Demonstrate good problem-solving skills and abilities. Avoid micromanaging – provide empowerment. Be an effective decision maker/solution provider. Put people first. Be honest. Be dedicated. Uphold healthy work/life balance.
- Provide full leadership and supervisory support to guest services team, programs teams, and GRM teams
- In collaboration with Director of Shelter Program and Director of Human Resources, manage, address, and coach team situations and responsibilities
- Uphold policy (inclusive of Vision, Mission and Values), applying sound ethical judgment regarding behavior, conduct, and GRM practices; and escalate manage, and report issues with transparency and accountability
- In collaboration with Director of Human Resources and Director of Shelter Program, participate in interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, recognition, disciplining, and termination of direct reports as necessary
- Provide assistance to the Director of Shelter Program and/or Executive Team as required to resolve all complaints of guests, staff, volunteers, and partner/outside agencies or entities
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Manage employees’ web-based time and attendance records
- Support and attend GRM team meetings
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests.
- Teaching and mentoring guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage