Required: minimum high school diploma or GED. Two to five years of work-related experience in Facilities Maintenance; valid and clean driving record. Experience working with tools, including hand and electrical tools. Ability to read and utilize technical manuals and drawings. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Preferred knowledge of customer and personal service, organized, and active listener. Maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope, and forgiveness to all.
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) this individual will be bending, climbing, reaching, stooping, lifting, standing for long periods of time, pushing, carrying and moving quickly throughout facilities. The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position. The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects. Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds solo.
The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Full-time 40 hours per week; nonexempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off
Responsibilities & Duties
- Establish and build healthy Christ-honoring relationships with guests, while maintaining professional boundaries including guest confidentiality
- Maintain all GRM property, equipment and machinery according to safety and sanitation requirements including vehicle maintenance and repairs, if applicable and landscaping.
- Service all GRM equipment (including air conditioning, kitchen equipment, washers, dryers, coolers etc.)
- Oversee, direct, and assist volunteers with maintenance projects as needed
- Operate fleet vehicles when needed
- Document supplies needed for purchase to maintain equipment
- Accurately collect and record data from monthly inspections
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Attend staff meetings as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests.
- Teaching and mentoring guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.