Qualifications: Two year degree, and/or four-year work-related experience in Computer Technology; Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Windows Server 2012-2019, fundamental knowledge of Apple macOS, experience in using Windows Server Group Policy, Microsoft Office 365 and all browsers. Skilled in working with network-based security software. Maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope, and forgiveness to all.
Physical Demands: Ability to travel. Requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking; and lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds. This individual will be exposed to individuals who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone.
Mental Demands: The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Employment Status: Full-time nonexempt 40 hours per week; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off. Flexible schedule: some weekends or evening for server/network maintenance.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Vacation Level: 1
Responsibilities & Duties
Computer Support & Service
Install, configure, and support local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and internet systems or a segment of a network system, VLANs and subnets. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May monitor and test website performance to ensure websites operate correctly and without interruption. Assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. Administer network security measures. Must carry out duties with excellent customer service towards our guests, staff and contractors. Routine duties include:
- Maintain all Computers, Networks and related hardware and software
- Work with network-based antivirus/antimalware software
- Regular software security updates of mission-critical computers and equipment
- Provide training and technical support to the staff
- Assist staff with day to day operations of technology included but not limited to Excel spreadsheets and Access database
- Provide support for the Internet, Email, VoIP office phones, network-based video camera security system and work with associated contractors
- Provide audio/video support for multimedia entertainment systems & PA systems
- Administer keycard access systems
- Purchase supplies and computer hardware/software as needed using prudent judgment of resources while aligning with budget
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Perform other Duties as directed
Install, configure and support
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory Domain Services
- Microsoft Windows 10 & Windows Server 2012-2019
- Create and apply Group Policy Objects to nodes/users/user groups within a Windows domain environment
- Computer servers and server equipment
- Network printers
- Smart network switches, along with VLAN configuration and cabling
- Battery backups for computer servers and network equipment
- Data backups & scheduling
- Wireless access points
- Various computer hardware/software as needed
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests.
- Teaching and mentoring guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.