- High school diploma/GED required
- 3 plus years of experience working as a payroll administrator, accounts payable, and accounting are required.
- Degree in business administration, finance, or accounting preferred.
- Proficient and experience preferred with QuickBooks, UKG and Microsoft Office.
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Must be an evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope, and forgiveness to all.
- This individual will be exposed to individuals who are ill and/or contagious and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone.
- Ability to use a phone, computer, printer, copier, and other standard office machinery.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking; and lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
- Full-time 40 hours per week nonexempt
- Eligible for paid time off; eligible for benefits
Reports to: Director of Finance
Responsibilities & Duties
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, this position will be responsible for the following:
Bookkeeping and Bank Relationship Administration
- Direct the overall process of bookkeeping.
- Work with the Director of Finance to development an annual budget.
- Work with the Director of Finance to ensure an accurate bookkeeping chart of accounts for expenses is maintained.
- Work with the Director of Finance to ensure a strong working relationship with appropriate banking institutions and its representatives.
- Work with the Director of Finance on identifying methods of paying down short and long-term liabilities.
- Work with the Director of Finance on identifying cash flow methods for operating, investing, and financing activities.
- Work with the Director of Finance to ensure all bank accounts/records are properly secured and managed (decreasing fraud and risk issues).
- Oversee the process of achieving budget goals (expenses), reducing cost overruns in each department.
- Work with the Director of Finance to identify areas where costs can be decreased.
- Oversee and administer accounts payable.
- Preparation of federal, state and local tax forms and reports.
- As needed – Audit the payroll process to ensure accuracy and integrity within all employee records.
- Control and security of banking accounts and petty cash.
- Assist as needed with routine banking.
- Assist Human Resources with benefit payroll deduction.
Records and Audit Administration
- Maintain files for all invoices and documents relating to financial and payroll records.
- Generate financial statements and reports for department executive staff members.
- Oversee and manage the annual audit process for expenses.
- Maintain an accurate depreciation schedule.
- Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
- Monitor operations and policies within financial scope to assure compliance with government regulatory laws and ECFA standards.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Oversee office supplies for all departments (purchasing).
- Maintain central office supply storage room (purchasing and inventory).
- Bill each department monthly for supplies used.
- Distribute office supplies and equipment as requested.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests.
- Teaching and mentoring guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.