- Required minimum high school diploma or GED.
- 3-plus years of experience in customer and personal service, proficient at building relationships with diverse groups of staff and volunteers.
- 3-plus years of experience with orientating, training, and organizing volunteers.
- Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for GRM
- Proficient communication, organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Proficient problem-solving and resolution skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and cloud-based applications.
- Maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Must be an evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and be an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope, and forgiveness to all.
- This individual will be sitting, lifting, standing, walking, and driving throughout the facilities and community.
- This individual will be expected to clean and maintain cleanliness in all areas of responsibility.
- This individual will come in contact with individuals who are ill and/or contagious and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of self and all.
- Good driving record and able to drive up to 12-passenger vans.
- The population we serve is typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
- Full-time 40 hours per week, non-exempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off
- Anticipate Flexible Schedules
- Volunteer & Outreach Manager
Responsibilities & Duties
Overview: to assist in accomplishing the vision/purpose of GRM’s Volunteer Department, by supporting and collaborating with Volunteer & Outreach Manager.
- Maintain excellent customer service, attending to our guests; establish and continue building healthy Christ-honoring relationships with families/individuals in need. Evangelize, share faith, and pray with individuals as God leads
- Represent the High Impact Volunteer Ministry model at the Center of Opportunity.
- Attend staff meetings and coordinators meetings to determine volunteer participation, assessment of effective use of volunteers, and development of additional volunteer opportunities.
- Serve as the point of contact person between volunteers and staff and facilitate communication between them.
- Lead tours of the Center of Opportunity for prospective volunteers and community members interested in learning more about Gospel Rescue Mission and the Center of Opportunity.
- Coordinate with agencies and organizations in the community who are providing special groups for volunteer service at the Center of Opportunity.
- Greet and oversee special volunteer groups serving at the Center of Opportunity.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate volunteers for special events at the Center of Opportunity.
- Interview pre-screened volunteer candidates for best-fit consideration and coordinate placement with appropriate staff.
- Once placement occurs, follow up with staff and volunteer on performance.
- Continue with the ongoing staff development of biblical volunteer management ministry.
- Conduct volunteer meetings and orientations.
- In collaboration with the Volunteer & Outreach Manager, update and improve all volunteer forms and manuals, and necessary volunteer calendars weekly and monthly.
- In collaboration with the Volunteer & Outreach Manager, continue with volunteer development, training, evaluations, newsletter, and monthly communications.
- Maintain Gift-in-Kind (GIK) volunteer documents and files, volunteer sign-in registration records, reporting, tracking of volunteer hours, etc.
- In collaboration with the Volunteer & Outreach Manager, maintain the development and training of new skill sets to improve communications with volunteers and staff.
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed.
- Attend staff meetings or other meetings as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.