To our GRM Family and Friends –
We continue to stand in the middle of this crisis with deep faith and courage to take care of those who are vulnerable. We’ve begun intakes again, but on a limited, first-come, first-served basis, with extra precautions, and as always, love and hope. Here is an update on our protocols:
- Intake procedures begin in the new Welcome Center and include showers, a hygiene kit, new clothes to be worn while guest clothing is washed, and a mask to put on before entering.
- We’re conducting regular and frequent disinfecting of high-touch areas (including doorknobs, surfaces, and countertops) at all locations.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout our centers.
- Disinfecting wipes are available.
- We’re reinforcing illness prevention procedures as recommended by the medical community, including frequent handwashing, avoiding touching one’s face, and avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- We’re instructing volunteers and employees who exhibit symptoms of illness to stay home and, when necessary, to seek professional medical care.
- We’re encouraging our elderly volunteers and those at higher risk to stay home.
- Tours of our centers will tentatively resume in June.
- We’re taking the temperatures of all guests upon entry. Those who have a fever will be given a mask and assigned to a room set aside for isolation.
- All donations are being accepted. Pick-ups will tentatively resume in July.
We are all on the front lines, and this is a tremendous opportunity to display God’s peace, provision, protection, and healing to all. Thank you for understanding, prayers, and support, and remember that “Perfect love casts out all fear” (1 John 4:18).